Information on the processing of personal data
- YOUR DATA
The organizers of the Symposium collect and process participants’ personal data upon registration, in accordance with current regulations with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, namely the provisions of the EU Regulation 2016/679 (known as GDPR).
The aim of this information is to explain how and to what extent your personal data is processed and to inform you about the way the organizers make sure that your rights regarding the protection of personal data are respected as well as about the way they minimize the risks of unauthorized access or use.
Please read this information carefully!
- WHAT DATA DO WE USE AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
- last name, first name, residence, work place and bank account, in order to fulfill the obligations related to the symposium registration and participation fee;
- last name, first name, telephone number, e-mail address, for an effective communication with the symposium organizer; we can send you information on the program, the abstract acceptance, specific dates or locations of scientific events, the keynote speakers that have confirmed their presence, as well as accommodation facilities or social events;
- last name, first name to issue the certificates of attendance;
- last name, first name, telephone number, e-mail address to inform you on further scientific events or training courses that the organizer might hold
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties without your explicit consent and will not be made public.
Your personal data that we have collected and processed will not be passed on to third parties for marketing purposes or for purposes other than those for which they were collected.
- WHAT IS THE DURATION OF DATA STORAGE?
Your data will be stored in accordance to the current legal regulations, and permanent technical and organizatory measures will be taken for the security of your personal data, in order to prevent any unauthorized accessing or use, as well as accidental and unlawful loss or destruction.
Your data will be stored in an internal secured data base, for 5 years, in order to comply with accountancy regulations regarding billing and tax payments.
The personal data that we collect and process may be considered as being transferred to a third country as we use the Cloud storage service provided by Google. However, Google provides security and privacy guarantees acknowledged by the European Union, within the system known as ”U.S. – E.U. Privacy Shield”.
- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- The right of access to personal data. You have the right to access the data that you have provided, to receive information about the data and the way /the purpose of processing, at any time.
- The right to restrict data processing. You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of any provided data. This kind of request will impact your collaboration with the organizer. For example, if you restrict our access to your e-mail address, we will not be able to inform you on the final program, on keynote speakers or further events.
- The right to rectification. You have the right of rectification of incorrect data and you can access it any time, by sending an e-mail to TFB.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to be forgotten. You have the right to request the deletion of all personal data you have provided (except for the situations when the storage of personal data has legal reasons) without undue delay on the organiser’s part.
- The right to withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent any time, in the cases where data processing is based on your consent. The withdrawal of consent will be effective after the request, but processing of personal data prior to withdrawal remains legitimate.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to your personal data processing for legitimate reasons.
The right to file a complaint. You have the right to file a complaint with the organizer or with the competent data protection authority (ANSPDCP – www.dataprotection.ro) if you believe that your personal data has been inappropriately or unlawfully processed..
- HOW CAN YOU ACTUALLY EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS ?
You may exercise any of the above mentioned rights as well as getting answers to any further questions regarding the Information on the processing of personal data or on the way we process your data by sending a request by e-mail to TFB.email@example.com.
GDPR information version 1.0 / 01.07.2019